2 tblsp of sunflower oil
3-4 sweet potatoes, sliced into 2cm thick pieces
1 tblsp agave/honey
Salt & pepper
1 onion, peeled and chopped
1 tsp cumin seed
1 tsp coriander seed
2 tins chickpeas, drained and rinsed
100g baby spinach
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and fry the sweet potatoes on each side until starting to caramelise.
- Add about 500ml water and the agave/honey. Season well and cook over a medium heat until the potatoes are starting to get tender (about 20 mins).
- Add the chickpeas and some water. Cook out for another 5-10 minutes, and then add spinach.
- Add the sweet potatoes and any juices left in the pan, carefully mix so the potatoes don’t break up.
- Serve in bowls along with good bread and fresh coriander leaves.